Monday, May 08, 2006

Jamie Kosoy's Tribute to Ed Wilson

This was taken from a web archive of FWLnet.com, shortly after Ed Wilson's death and the end of CWL.


Dedicated to Ed.

This is being written on the fly. FWLnet is down right now, I don't know why, but I feel my thoughts need to be expressed immediatly...not because I'm FWLnet owner or whatever, but because I'm a f'n human being who actually knew and spoke and argued and laughed with Ed, even if online.

A lot of people are going to question whether or not this is an angle. I'll say this much: Andy Kaufman died a horrible, tragic death and nobody believed he really died. It's a disrespect to him, especially after all he gave. I strongly hope and feel you'll all that this extremely seriously, as Ed deserves that respect.

I can see how it could be an angle, and I say if it is one, then I'll never view anything CWL again out of pure disgust and distaste. But I don't think anyone would pull something this horrible just to get some attention.

I'm extremely upset about the loss of Ed. Whether you liked or hated the CWL, one must respect this simple fact: He built his creation out of pure hype into something greater than 99% of the WORLD couldn't do in months. Someone like that doesn't just deserve respect, he DEMANDS it.

I've often wondered what would happen to FWLnet or the IWO if something this tragic happened to me. I feel like I'm viewing my nightmares through my computer screen right now.

Maybe in the serious, know-all, end-all ways of life e-wrestling doesn't matter and this is all a waste of our time. Maybe we are just a bunch of losers with too much free time.

Or maybe we've found something in our life worth holding onto, even if only for a few short precious teenage years: Dedication. Those who run feds know the sheer dedication and willpower you need to have to be successful.

The sacrifice Ed made during his life was his free time. He gave up precious hours of this all too short life to entertain you and me and anyone else who dared to enter thecwl.com into their browser, and he did a damn good job of it.

For the next several weeks, FWLnet and IWO Online will place a special prayer for Ed on our main logo. This prayer will not be derived from any specific religious text, and is not meant to belittle any religion out there, but simply meant to honor Ed in the only way I can possible hope to.

Thanks Ed. Your job as the leader of an e-federation may not ever mean anything in society's eyes...but your place in e-wrestling remains for all eternity.

RIP Ed. The CWL existed such a short time, but shall be remembered forever.

Walking towards destiny,
That battle-worn warrior,
The Unsung Hero,
As the light gets brighter.

A sharp cold embraces him,
The stream of golden rays blinds his eyes
As he proceeds to the door of eternity.
Leaves scatter,
Dried from their year long adventures,
Crunching beneath him as he struggles forward.
The door creaks open,
Ferocious with both power and intensity
And as he marches through...

-j- 5/2/01

"but you and I have been through that,
and this is not our fate.
so let us not talk falsely now
the hour is getting late..."
- Bob Dylan

IWO CEO Jamie Kosoy is a vital member of the IWO, working as President of IWO White. He is highly respected and recognized by his peers.


Take that for what you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home