Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why I Stopped E-Fed Blogging

So, Holz recently returned to writing his blog, which has promptly prompt me to return to writing to mine. (I did make an attempt two months ago, but failed miserably. Now is attempt number 2) The reason I stopped however, wasn't because of Holz or anyone else.

I just simply lost the interest, and I lost the material.

Now, I didn't lost what I have. I have tons and tons of old cards from 21W, tSC, A!, any number of anciently deceased but awesome promotions. But no, see, I didn't really have anything of meaning to add to any of that. I was never a part of 21W(besides an awesome interfeud with them in Asylum with Eddie Cheno, where I wasn't even a part of the actual interfeud), had very little to do in Action!(I handled for four months three characters. My biggest goal was just getting a High Flyer/Joey Malone match out of it) and even less to do on tSC(I believe Renner asked me for scripting help and I did very little in means of helping him. I also co-wrote a segment on one of the early shows, perhaps even the first). I've known a lot of characters that came in and out of those places, but I was never hands on for anything. And the bookmark, I was imagining as a place you could come to find ancient e-fed scoops, just, things you didn't imagine even existed in this game but are there, hiding in the dark recesses of people's computers.

Perhaps I should have advertised, got people to start sending me this type of material, annonymously or not. Then again, asking other people to send things, could wind up with the public reveal of dirty laundry, or a future angle for a closed fed that a handler wished to use another place being completely spoiled. So, I refrained. I dug through my archive, found various tidbits, mostly about myself and my experience in the game, and posted them up.

I ran out of that sort of information quickly.

I mean, I could post old material, old shows, but no one wants to read that. No one's going to come here to read an e-fed show from 2000 when they read that tripe in 2000, and it's got way more spelling mistakes now than we realized back then. Which brought me questioning the value of this game. Which ultimately left me questioning my value as a writer.

I started this blog in May of 06, essentially without a home fed, bored and disinterested. I did this as a favor to Russ, as a spinoff/side segment of his yearly magazine, which he had planned to go monthly. In fact, I believe he got a month or two of good material out before something happened. I don't want to air his personal whatever but I think he moved and such. So, time was an issue, and the project fell by the wayside. Without someone knippin' on my heels for fresh content, I got content(heh, I love those types of words) to just post old. And when I ran out of compelling old content, instead of posting lameness, I just stopped posting.

So, now, I return, with the intentions of not posting old material, or posting "fantasy booking," but just weekly thoughts. Random. Think of it as a continuation of my old FWLNet Column from 2000... only with much better grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

At least I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home